When reading the title of this blog you probably thought, "What did she win?" Well, the answer is nothing; other than my own personal accomplishments!
Last weekend I sat at an awards banquet, listened to 'Thank you' speeches and thought to myself; "We shouldn't wait to win an award to thank those who helped get us where we are in our lives."
There are hundreds of people who I owe huge thanks to, but there are a few that really stand out that I'd definitely include in a thank you speech!
1. My parents- for constant love, support and encouragement! Also for teaching me what's important in life. I could go on and on, but they know how grateful I am!
2. Close friends and family members- for accepting me the way I am and loving me anyways.
3. Dee DeLancey (my mentor)- for teaching me what makes good stories and how to tell them well; and when I do have a story that only impacts a handful of people, for teaching me ways to tell it so that it's interesting to EVERYONE.
4. Dan Hollis (my college advisor and mentor)- for teaching me how to tell stories creatively, and for all the encouraging talks!
5. My wonderful co-workers- for constant encouragement!
6. The staff of WSAZ- for giving me my first job in television news and showing me how things are done.
7. The staff of WTAP- for giving me my first full-time reporter job.
8. The people who live and work in the Mid-Ohio Valley- for letting me tell their wonderful stories!
9. Last but certainly not least...God- for...well everything!
As I mentioned, there are many more to add to this list, but thank you speeches can't last forever :)
This was kind of fun. I'd encourage everyone to try this and thank the people who deserve it!