The Rush for Spring
- Every year we are tempted by warm temperatures to start our gardens...too early! The recent late frosts and hard freezes remind us that we need to wait until after April 26th each year!
Why Do They Name Winter Storms and Who Does It?
- Often people start referring to winter storms by NAME, and wonder why we don't use them on the air? The answer is simple, but may surprise you!
Groundhogs and Weathermen
- The first week of February usually provides a distraction for the public, whether it's due to SuperBowls, groundhogs or made-up holidays! But do they really serve a purpose?
The "January" Thaw
- You'll hear the term tossed around loosely, but the "January Thaw" is neither; It's not guaranteed and it's not actually a thaw. Ever wonder why?
Chance of a White Christmas?
- Every year it's the same, as people want to know if we'll have a White Christmas or not in the MOV...
More Kirk Greenfield - Kirk's Comments