PARKERSBURG, W.VA. (WTAP) - A house fire in Vienna, forces one family to leave their home after officials determine the home "unlivable."
The Wood County 911 Center received a call about a possible structure fire around 11:30 Friday morning.
Vienna Volunteer Fire Department and Vienna Police Department both responded to 704 47th Street in Vienna.
Firefighters say the cord that connects to the washer exploded which caught the wall behind it on fire.
Ironically, the water line also connected to the washer burst, putting the fire out.
The 24-year old mother of 4, grabbed her 2 children who were home at the time, and ran outside.
Jennifer Pfalzgraf, who was in the home when the fire started says, "We just turned the washer machine on, and me and the kids laid down to take a nap. Then about an hour later we smelt something. Smoke detectors started going off. So, I grabbed them and started going out of the house, and I went back inside and realized there was a fire in the kitchen."