Parkersburg woman dies in fire at garage apartment

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. - A fire early Sunday morning at a garage apartment in Parkersburg turned deadly.

Parkersburg Fire Chief Jason Matthews says Mary Frances Bradley, 64, was pronounced dead at Camden Clark Medical Center.

Firefighters were called to the apartment behind a home at 1705 17th Street about 12:40 .m. Sunday.

Matthews says firefighters arrived with minutes, but flames had already spread to the upstairs living area of the garage.

Investigators have ruled the fire an accident, saying it was the result of an electrical problem.

Matthews adds that his department's response to the fire was in no way hindered by simultaneous efforts to fight the fire at the Ames plant on Camden Avenue.

St. Joseh's Ambulance Service responded to the scene and transported Bradley to CCMC.