Sunday night home fire displaces Parkersburg family

By  | 

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) - A fire in the basement of a Parkersburg residence forced several people out of their home Sunday night.

Firefighters were called to a fire at a 16th Avenue home just before 10 p.m. Sunday.

There were no injuries but the American Red Cross is assisting those who were displaced.

Parkersburg Fire Chief Jason Matthews says the fire began near a space heater in the basement.

Fire damage was contained to the basement, but Matthews says the first floor sustained smoke damage.

According to Matthews, the fire caused an estimated $60,000 dollars in damage.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus