CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Three people escaped their burning home in Charleston Monday morning, after two of them had to jump from the 2nd floor.
The fire started just after 4:00 A.M. Monday in the 1100 block of Red Oak St. in Charleston.
Investigators say a smoke alarm went off and a man went downstairs to see what was going on.
When he went downstairs, the fire blocked the stairwell.
A woman and child upstairs were forced to jump for the second floor roof.
The man went out the front door.
None of the three were injured.
Crews believe a live Christmas tree that wasn't properly watered started the fire.