How to Take the Heat Off Winter Bills

With winter on the way and concern again this year about the rising costs of home heating, two agencies in our area can help low-income people with their heating bills.

Community Resources, Incorporated of Wood County works with other social agencies to provide assistance. Program assistant Rebecca Malone adds that CRI also has a limited supply of plastic donated by local businesses that people can pick up free of charge to cover their windows. Their number is 304-422-5339, but if you live outside Wood County you're asked to contact the Community Resources Office in your home county.

The Washington-Morgan County Community Action Program also provides assistance through its Home Energy Assistance Program. According to HEAP coordinator Sandy Bedillion, a household must be at or below 150 percent of federal poverty guidelines to qualify for assistance.

In Washington County, you can call 740-373-3745 or in Morgan County, 740- 962-3827.

TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1114651 -
Gray Television, Inc.