A family of four escapes an early morning fire.
The fire started around 4 o'clock Thursday morning at a home on the seven hundred block of 8th Avenue in south Parkersburg.
Parkersburg Fire Captain Jason Kuhl says when they arrived the right side of the house was fully involved.
A family member says she tried to used a garden hose to put it out.
Chief Fire Inspector Tim Flinn says the fire has been ruled accidental but there was an electrical malfunction upstairs.
Flinn says the fire caused $30,000 in damage. He also says there were not smoke detectors in the house.
There were no injuries.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.