TheNewsCenter | Parkersburg, West Virginia | News, Weather & Sports

Another House Fire In Parkersburg

By: Erin Pulsanti Email
By: Erin Pulsanti Email

The Parkersburg Fire Department was called out to Foley Street Wednesday evening after an automated alarm system notified officials of a problem.

Parkersburg Fire Chief Eric Taylor says shortly after 8 this evening crews responded to 1952 Foley Drive and found a small fire in the basement of the home.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. Chief Taylor says there is roughly $10,000 worth of damage. He says the fire was caused by an extension cord malfunction that was connected to a deep freezer.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131192563 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=131192563