The Parkersburg Fire Department was called out to Foley Street Wednesday evening after an automated alarm system notified officials of a problem.
Parkersburg Fire Chief Eric Taylor says shortly after 8 this evening crews responded to 1952 Foley Drive and found a small fire in the basement of the home.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. Chief Taylor says there is roughly $10,000 worth of damage. He says the fire was caused by an extension cord malfunction that was connected to a deep freezer.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.