Early Morning Oven Fire in Vienna

By  | 

A Vienna family is awakened by the sound of their smoke detectors as their oven caught on fire.

It happened around six Friday morning at a home on 10th Street.

The Vienna Volunteer Fire Department says the house was filled with smoke when they arrived.

The four people who were inside at the time, made it out safely without injuries. Firefighters says if it hadn't been for the smoke detectors in the house it may have been a different story.

Firefighters say it appears there was an issue with the gas hookup on their stove causing it to catch on fire.

The damage was contained to the kitchen and it was only minimal.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus