Updated 11/30/2012 3:40 P.M.
Investigators are still trying to find out why a fire at a Parkersburg home started again...after it already had been put out.
The fire department says the cause of the first fire...at a Lynn street-area home...possibly was overloaded electrical outlets.
Firefighters had to be called back an hour or so after leaving the scene, because fire broke out again.
For that reason, Fire Chief Eric Taylor says no cause is being ruled out.
There were no injuries from either blaze.
Damage is estimated at close to $30,000...a total loss.
A house on fire not once, but twice in one day...eventually loses the battle to the flames.
Parkersburg firefighters responded to a house fire on 14th Street Thursday.
Firefighters were able to put out the fire.
Captain Tim Flynn says the fire started at the electrical box.
But around 9:30 Thursday night, firefighters were called out to the 14th Street home again.
Fire investigators say they don't know if the second fire is related to the first.
The home is a total loss.
The residents were home when the first blaze broke out, but they were gone when the second fire happened.
No one was injured.
Investigators have not ruled out foul play and ask anyone with information to call 304-424-8470.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.