The Parkersburg Fire Department was called to a house fire on 16th Street Sunday afternoon.
Officials say it started with a grill in the back of the home. Residents were cooking dinner and charcoal bricks fell through a hole in the bottom of the grill.
They went inside to eat and the fire blew out the back window of the house. All four people home at the time made it out safely.
Firefighters say they quickly extinguished the flames, but spent time looking for fire extensions in the wall and ceilings.
Homeowner Rick McClung rents out the home and says he is just glad everyone is safe.
Officials estimate damages costing up to $60,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.