The fire started around 9:15 Saturday night.
Homeowners smelled smoke and went to check it out. Investigators say the man saw a 3-foot flame in his attic along with smoke.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.
Investigators think it may have started in the electrical wiring near a front hall light. Damage is estimated around $8,000.
No one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.