UPDATE: Firefighters Rule Parkersburg House Fire Was Accidental

By: WTAP News Email
By: WTAP News Email

UPDATE: 4/15/2011 7 p.m.

Fire officials are reminding residents to have a smoke detector in their attics after a Parkersburg house fire Friday afternoon.

Parkersburg Fire Captain Tim Flinn said the blaze has been ruled accidental and started in the attic of this home on the 3600 block of Sutton Place off 36th Street. He said it appears to be electrical in nature.

The homeowner, Norma Burton, and her pets made it out of the house safely.

Chief Eric Chichester said one firefighter suffered minor burns on his face.

"Unfortunately the lady will be out of a home and that's the sad part about it and all of the utilities will be shut off to it but she's already got housing right now," he said.

Chichester said he contacted the American Red Cross to help.
______________________________________________________________
Firefighters are responding to blaze near 36th and Broad in Parkersburg.

A Wood County 911 dispatcher says the fire is on the 3600 block of Sutton Place.

We have a reporter on the scene and we'll bring you the latest details right here on WTAP.com and on WTAP at 5 and WTAP News at 6.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119932694 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=119932694
Gray Television, Inc.