UPDATE: Meth Lab Causes Parkersburg Apartment Fire

By  | 

UPDATE 1/20/2014 5:15 PM

Parkersburg Police responded to a structure fire Sunday night caused by a meth lab.

Around 7:30 p.m on Race Street police found Nicole Hesson in a friend's home.

Hesson told officers she was attempting to cook meth in her apartment kitchen when a flash fire started.

Officers noticed serious burns on her face and hands.

Joshua Boston was with Hesson.

They were both taken to Camden Clark and treated for burns and decontamination from the meth exposure.

Boston was released from the hospital and charged with operating a clandestine meth lab.

Hesson's charges are pending her release from the hospital.

She recently was in court for a different meth charge.

They both face two to ten years in prison.

Parkersburg Police Chief Joe Martin weighs in on the number of meth lab busts already in the new year.

"I'm optimistic that we'll get ahead of it at some point. But we do realize that it is a problem," he says. "The new method they're using to cook methamphetamine is a lot different than it used to be. A lot easier to do."

Chief Martin hopes new legislation this year will consider making pseudoephedrine, an ingredient used in making meth, prescription only, which could dramatically decrease the amount of meth on the streets.

UPDATE 1/20/2014 12:15 PM

A meth lab explosion ends with an apartment catching fire and a woman sent to the hospital.

It all happened Sunday night at a garage apartment on Race Street in Parkersburg.

The Parkersburg Police Department says Joshua Boston and Nicole Hesson were home during the fire but they left when officials arrived.

When police made contact they say Hesson admitted she was cooking meth in her kitchen.

Police say she had serious burns on her face and hand.

She was taken to the hospital for the burns.

Police say while investigating the scene they found the two were making meth.

Boston is charged with operating a clandestine meth lab while Hesson's charges are pending while she is waiting her release from the hospital.

A person is sent to the hospital Sunday night after a garage apartment catches fire.

The call came in just after 7:30 pm at 1605 Race Street.

The Parkersburg Fire Department says one person was home during the time of the blaze. They were later transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Officials say the damage was centralized to one room and is estimated at $8,000.

A viewer reports seeing men in "white suits" go into the home.

The fire remains under investigation.

We will keep you updated with the latest.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus