UPDATE: 08/16/2011 12:05PM
One man is dead and another man is in serious condition after contact with a hot power line Monday afternoon.
Meigs County E.M.S. Director, Doug Lavender, say bees surprised two gutter installers in Middleport, Ohio Monday afternoon.
35-year-old Christopher Styer and 25-year-old Troy Boggs were standing on a metal roof at Manley's Recycling Center when the metal gutter they were holding touched a hot power line.
First responders say both men were electrocuted. Styer was taken to Holzer Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Boggs was taken by helicopter to Cabell Huntington Hospital with severe burns and is listed in serious condition.
An accident in Meigs County sent two men to area hospitals after they come in contact with power lines.
Officials with Middleport Police tells WTAP witness statements say two men hanging gutters at the Manley's Recycling Plant came into contact with power lines shortly before one this afternoon.
One of the men in the accident was taken, by helicopter, to Cabell Huntington Hospital. The other was taken, by ambulance, to Holzer Medical Center. Their names and conditions are unavailable at this time.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.