People living in a neighborhood in Marietta had a petition last week against a house with musical Christmas lights.
Police had responded five times to complaints from neighbors that the music was too loud.
Thursday night officers responded to a call from the owners of the house that the music box had been damaged.
Home owner Randy Dunham claims someone poured bleach in the box, causing the system to stop working.
"We have a pretty safe town, but I think it's unfortunate that I feel very insecure now in even leaving my own property, because I don't' know what they'll do next," Dunham said.
Dunham said he hopes to replace the system, but that they may have to first invest into a home security system.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.