Bridgeport, W.Va. (AP) -- Investigators say black Friday apparently saved the life of a Bridgeport man whose house caught fire.
Assistant state fire marshal Mackey Ayersman says a pair of early bird shoppers saw the fire at Jason Jaggi's residence at 4 a.m. Friday.
They beat on the windows and apparently awakened Jaggi, who was found by firefighters in a hallway.
The 28-year-old Jaggi was taken to West Penn Burn Center in Pittsburgh.
A hospital spokeswoman said she could not release his condition.
Ayersman says the fire originated at a couch in the living room but the cause hasn't been determined.
(Copyright 2009 by the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.