A potentially dangerous fire is put out before it spreads.
Belpre firefighters were called out Thursday afternoon to a chimney fire in a Farson Street home.
An object in the chimney ignited and firefighters had to knock it loose so the fire wouldn't spread.
Fires like this can be common, especially in the winter when the chimney hasn't been cleaned as often as the manufacturer recommends.
There were no injuries and there was minor damage to the chimney.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.