UPDATE 2/7/2014 12:30 PM
An update to a story on a house fire in Belpre Thursday night.
While the home is a total loss, fortunately, the homeowner and her pets are okay.
The Belpre Fire Department says it happened around 6:00 at a house on Hill Street.
The fire chief says a candle caused the fire to break out in a bedroom.
The flames were contained to just that one room.
After trying to save her pets, homeowner Pam Hutchinson was briefly hospitalized related to the smoke.
Investigators tell us all of the animals are safe.
A house fire in Belpre Thursday night, but the homeowner makes it out okay.
But two of her pets are missing.
According to Belpre Fire Chief Eric Sinnett the fire department arrived on scene sometime after 6 Thursday evening.
The fire was contained to one room in the home.
The homeowner made it out safely but was trying to save her numerous cats and dogs.
A neighbor believes all but two cats made it out safely.
The Belpre Fire Department had to call Little Hocking for back up.
Sinnett said there was no trouble putting out the fire, which remains under investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.