Parkersburg firefighters respond to a fire at the KFC restaurant on Ohio Avenue.
It happened around 4:30 this morning.
Parkersburg fire Lt. Kevin Siers says an electrical short caused one of the roof heating units to catch on fire.
He says it will likely have to be replaced, at a cost of about $5,000.
The fire was put out in about 15 minutes.
Siers says it appears the fire was stopped before entering the building.
There were no injuries as a result of the incident.
Siers says a passerby saw smoke coming from the rooftop and reported it.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.