UPDATED 11:45 1/18/2014
The Parkersburg Fire Department now say the cause of today's Market Street house fire is likely due to electrical wiring.
Officials say there is at least $40,000 worth in damage, but due to the home's historical uniqueness and size, the smoke damage could be into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
A beloved pet is dead after a Market Street home catches fire.
The Parkersburg Fire Department responded to fire at 1702 Market Street just after 1:30 Saturday afternoon.
Officials say upon arrival heavy smoke was pouring from the first floor.
Chief Eric Taylor says no one was home, except for a family dog who died in the blaze.
Taylor says while battling the flames a firefighter fell through the floor. His injuries are minor and he was not transported from the scene.
Authorities believe the fire started in the first floor, possibly the basement.
Taylor says the damage is contained to those two floors, although windows were knocked out of the second story.
He does not believe the house is total loss.
Fight fighters continue to fight hot spots in the house this afternoon.
The fire remains under investigation.
We will keep you updated with the latest.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.