Movie Set in Wood and Ritchie Counties

By: Mollie Lair Email
By: Mollie Lair Email

Guisela Moro is a long time actress but wants to pursue her true passion, producing.

She recently wrote a screenplay called "Hollow Creek" and plans to shoot the movie in West Virginia.

This weekend she is scouting locations in Wood and Ritchie counties. Moro says a drive through the area gave her inspiration for the story.

"I just fell in love with the scenery and the locations. And I was just so impressed with the architecture actually of the entire area and that's how I thought of the story. Hollow creek is a horror, thriller. Stephen King style. I actually got inspired by the place," says Moro.

Moro plans to start production in October and wants to use local actors.

• by Angela Burkhammer Location: Parkersburg, WV on Jul 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Hello, my name is Angie and I'm from Ritchie County (MacFarlan) near Smithville on Rt.47. My family still lives in the area. I never tried to act but I'd live to try out for it. When is auditions and where. Hope I hear from you.
  • by Anon on Jun 27, 2012 at 08:47 AM
    Go for it Gr8. You seem to know everything right
  • by brock on Jun 25, 2012 at 05:45 PM
    i do some acting and stunt work and i live in cairo how do you got a hold of her? can we leave a e-mail
      by Gr8ful in WVa on Jun 27, 2012 at 05:45 AM in reply to brock
      You could send her a message through her facebook page.
  • by still here on Jun 24, 2012 at 07:33 PM
    Heard her talk about it at Chams... It was the scenery, not the stereotypes.
  • by rob on Jun 24, 2012 at 05:51 PM
    wow. this is cool. which i could reach this person i grew up on a dead end road in wood county. it was called the hollow road. we had a murder there in the early 80`s along with a number of odd things. it would be so cool to have that location as a movie. hard to beat a place for a horror movie thats had a murder a rape. and a lot of other things.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 24, 2012 at 04:26 PM
    take a walk around 13th street after midnight and she will get all kind of ideas for a horror movie
  • by resident on Jun 23, 2012 at 04:46 AM
    So, Wood county inspired her to write a horror thriller? Hmmmmmmmm
  • by bill Location: pburg on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    Cool! I would see about being in the movie, if had an idea of how to get in touch.
      by Anonymous on Jun 23, 2012 at 04:36 PM in reply to bill
      Me, too. I could be a movie star!
  • by Anon on Jun 22, 2012 at 03:21 PM
    Would be interesting to know the back story of the movie as to why our area was so inspiring. Fingers crossed it isn't a stereotypical WV vibe
      by Gr8ful in WVa on Jun 24, 2012 at 05:59 PM in reply to Anon
      Being so sick and tired of West Virginians being slammed in the media, I’m tempted to message her on facebook....
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160064355 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=160064355