Parkersburg Firefighters rescue two women from a burning home early Sunday morning.
It happened on Tygart Street in Parkersburg around 8:10 Sunday morning.
Firefighters arrived to find 89- year-old Virginia Peter’s and 65-year-old Dolores Peters inside as smoke and flames filled the house.
Parkersburg Fire Department Captain Tim Flinn says, “the two females were rescued by firefighters who arrived on scene within 2 minutes of receiving the alarm. The first arriving Engine Co. 6 personnel could see the occupants through the locked front door. They forced entry inside the front door and helped each female out of the smoke filled structure."
Both women had physical problems and needed help getting out of the house. One woman used crutches and the other used a walker.
Firefighters say the fire may have started from a coffee pot. One of the women inside says she saw sparks and paper towels caught on fire.
There were two working smoke detectors inside the home and two cats also escaped.
The women were treated on the scene.
Damage for the house is estimated at around 30 thousand dollars. Most of the fire was contained near the kitchen.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.