Early Morning Fire Ruled Accidental

By: Beth Lanning Email
By: Beth Lanning Email

A family of four escapes an early morning fire.

The fire started around 4 o'clock Thursday morning at a home on the seven hundred block of 8th Avenue in south Parkersburg.

Parkersburg Fire Captain Jason Kuhl says when they arrived the right side of the house was fully involved.

A family member says she tried to used a garden hose to put it out.

Chief Fire Inspector Tim Flinn says the fire has been ruled accidental but there was an electrical malfunction upstairs.

Flinn says the fire caused $30,000 in damage. He also says there were not smoke detectors in the house.

There were no injuries.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Rick Location: Parkersburg on May 9, 2008 at 11:18 AM
    Safety First.....I don't think so. If you view the footage, you will see the Parkersburg Firefighter crawling up the roof, right next to the flames with NO gloves, NO helmet, NO face protection and NO air pack. The is not safe at all. Even I know that and I'm not a fireman. I sure hope that this firefighter is written up for un-safe practices. In this case, training of this firefighter has failed. Re-train him at once. This does not say much for "Parkesburg's Finest". Let's hope the Fire Chief and the Training Officer steps in before someone get hurt.
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 18759519 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=18759519
Gray Television, Inc.