Clarksburg, W.Va. (AP) -- Police say a Clarksburg mother and daughter whose bodies were found in their beds likely died from natural gas or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police found the bodies of 83-year-old Angeline Agnes Oliverio and her daughter, 57-year-old Stephane Jane Brandon, on Saturday after a neighbor asked authorities to check on the women.
Clarksburg police detective Dave Wygal says police detected a strong odor of natural gas when they arrived.
He estimated that the women had been dead for more than two weeks before their bodies were discovered.
(Copyright 2010 by the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.