House Fire

By: Ray Petelin & Phillip Hickman
By: Ray Petelin & Phillip Hickman

A mid-Ohio Valley family is homeless after flames rip throughout their Blenn Lakes home Tuesday morning.

The call came into the Blennerhasset Fire Department shortly after 1 a.m. The home was engulfed when fire crews arrived, and a propane tank or grill may be to blame, but the blaze is still under investigation.

Bill Ferguson, Fire Chief of Blennerhasset Volunteer Fire Department says, "Right now we're not sure what happened. I know the room of origin, once we get the fire extinguished, we'll dig it out and find out exactly what happened."

Lubek and Washington Bottom's volunteer fire departments assisted with putting out the fire.

The family escaped before fire crews arrived.


TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 85866 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=85866
Gray Television, Inc.