UPDATE 8/26/2014 10:00 AM
Three months after the Belrock Diner served its last meal, a new restaurant is in its place.
Food For Thought is the new eatery at the site of the old Belrock on Washington Boulevard.
It officially opened on Friday, but a "soft opening" last Wednesday brought in a big crowd as well.
And the new owners say they couldn't be more excited.
"People like different tastes here, and we're learning that as we go. Overall, we serve a very quality item, and people are responding to it very well," says Charlie Smith, co-owner of the restaurant.
Smith and his wife owned a long-time Nelsonville restaurant destroyed in a fire three years ago.
In fact, he says some of the people at last week's opening were familiar faces who ate at the old restaurant.
For nearly a quarter century, it was a fixture on Belpre's Washington Boulevard.
But the Belrock Country Diner has served its last slice of pie.
The Belrock closed its doors earlier this month.
Long-time owner Steve Null says the restaurant needed extensive renovations and it was time to retire.
He adds business was down the first quarter of this year.
"The real bad weather we had the first of the year got us behind, and either this year or next year, it was going to happen anyway," Null said.
More than anything else, the Belrock will be remembered for its support of community organizations, and partnerships in the Belpre school system.
Null says it had visitors from all 50 U.S. states, and even a few foreign countries.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.