Chimney Fire at Williamstown Home

By: Mollie Lair Email
By: Mollie Lair Email

Bernard Richards and his girlfriend were trying to stay warm in their 2ND Street home.

Richards says he uses one chimney in his house every year and cleans it regularly.

But when smoke started coming back into the house he realized something was wrong. Williamstown crews were luckily driving down his street at the time and called in the fire.

Firefighters say the fire was contained to the chimney and attic, but they're checking to make sure it doesn't spread inside the walls.

"The city was coming through and said I had a chimney fire. I was wondering why it wasn't burning right. That's what it was," says Richards.

No word yet on the cost of damage. Investigators don't know what caused the fire.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 189745511 -
Gray Television, Inc.