Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

By: Danielle Staub Email
By: Danielle Staub Email

The colorless, odorless gas can make its way into your home.

We are talking about carbon monoxide.

State officials say the visits to emergency rooms and poison control centers are already higher than usual

Marietta Fire Chief C.W. Durham says he is not surprised; however, this just means people need to remember to have a detector on each level of their house and make sure to check the batteries.

"Symptoms cause range anything from sickness, illness throughout the whole family to, death within a matter of minutes depending on the level of carbon monoxide and the source where it is coming from," he says.

Chief Durham says any type of gas burning in your home can cause carbon monoxide, such as your heating system or a gas oven.

He says never, ever let your car run inside your garage, even with the door open, because it's dangerous.

He says always pull the car outside before leaving it on to warm up.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230555401 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=230555401
Gray Television, Inc.