Fire at KFC in Parkersburg

By: Ashley Rittenhouse Email
By: Ashley Rittenhouse Email

Parkersburg firefighters respond to a fire at the KFC restaurant on Ohio Avenue.

It happened around 4:30 this morning.

Parkersburg fire Lt. Kevin Siers says an electrical short caused one of the roof heating units to catch on fire.

He says it will likely have to be replaced, at a cost of about $5,000.

The fire was put out in about 15 minutes.

Siers says it appears the fire was stopped before entering the building.

There were no injuries as a result of the incident.

Siers says a passerby saw smoke coming from the rooftop and reported it.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 201016981 -
Gray Television, Inc.