Keeping Your Family and Home Safe From Fire Hazards

By: Stanley Jefferson Email
By: Stanley Jefferson Email

As people across the valley turn up their heaters this cold winter, the Ohio State Fire Marshal's Office is reminding residents to be aware of potential-fire hazards.

Officials say to only re-fuel heaters outside your home or apartment.

The Fire Marshall's Office adds that appliances that give-off smoke or sparks should be repaired or replaced, and they say never connect generators to another power source.

We like to remind area residents that they should be looking at the supplemental heat that they may be using such as a fireplace, electric or kerosene heaters. We like to keep a good 2 foot distance around those from any flammable objects that maybe on the ground or nearby," says Marietta Fire Captain, Jack Hansis.

In case of a power outage, Captain Hansis says turn off your electrical appliances.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
TheNewsCenter One Television Plaza Parkersburg, WV. 26101 304-485-4588
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238746371 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=238746371