The MOV Reacts To C8 Science Panel Findings

By: Shannon Houser
By: Shannon Houser

A lot of people around the valley have been talking about C8 and DuPont for years, but now that new findings are out, many people are concerned for their own health.

Monday the C8 Science Panel announced the discovery of a probable link between testicular and kidney cancers and C8.

WTAP spoke to many people around the valley on how they feel about these recent findings.

C8 has directly affected Rosann Armstrong's family. She says, "our grand children have been tested for it. and the turnout wasn't good here several years ago."

Thomas Stomes drank some of the water that may have had C8 in it. He says, "I live in that area and I've had prostate cancer. I'm not sure if that's related."

J.R. Carpenter and his family were part of the study, he says, "I believe our tests results came back negative. Weren't sure what they were looking for. Still not sure. We lived in Coolville at the time. We were on the little hocking water system is why we were participating in the study."

Schiel Khoury thinks, "cancer can be caused by any chemical. Any chemical we put into our body can cause it."

Daniel Cox sees both sides of the pictures, he says, "it's kind of bad for the economy and bad for people's health. It's bad that the C8 is in the area but people need jobs, too. It's just a bad thing all around."

Some of the people WTAP spoke to that live in areas directly affected by C8 in their water say they'll probably go to the Dr. now to get checked out for both testicular and kidney cancers.

Username:

• by Viennamom Location: vienna on Apr 17, 2012 at 04:04 PM
    Ya know, this says "probable link" not definite. How come no one wants to blame Eramet for sickness from the release of magnesium (a KNOWN carcinogen)? Oh that's right, their name is not as notable as DuPont's....sorry! However the KNOWN carcinogen has been measured at well above acceptable limits in Vienna. Thanks Eramet!
  • by minnie Location: ripley on Apr 17, 2012 at 09:44 AM
    I lived and consumed that water for many years. My hudband worked for duponts warehouse for six years. In that time we had a baby that was ten Weeks early with several health problems and I was diagnosed with a brain tumor all while comsuming this water. I was a very healthy never even being seen in an er till then. To this day I have called and requested there packets and have still yet to receive anything from them.
  • by minnie Location: ripley on Apr 17, 2012 at 09:44 AM
  • by Bat Eyes Location: MOV on Apr 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure my blindness is from Dupont but it brings jobs right? No thanks, Dupont! You've destroyed our waters, air, and health!
      by Got proof?? on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM in reply to Bat Eyes
      If not, then you are just making unsubstantiated claims!!
        by Scarlet on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM in reply to Got proof??
        Bat Eyes is the not first to claim blindness as a result of drinking the contaminated water.. Why do you have to be so hateful? There are a lot of people who have developed unexplained illness and disabilities as a result of C8
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 147640535 - thenewscenter.tv/a?a=147640535