John Baer of Elgin, Ill. finishes shoveling half of his driveway on Wing Park Ave. during a snow storm in the suburbs of Chicago, Ill. on Tuesday, March 5, 2013. (AP Photo/Daily Herald, Brian Hill)
Updated 3:25 p.m. SUNDAY....
A sudden surge has turned the Sunday afternoon rain into accumulating snowfall. As a result, the Winter Weather Advisory was advanced by more than an hour for Hocking, Athens, Washington and Pleasants counties. Roadways will become slick and snow-covered quickly in the steady snowfall before dissolving to slush. Use caution.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT TUESDAY...
* LOCATIONS...PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST OHIO AND NORTHERN WEST VIRGINIA.
* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...MIXED WITH SLEET AND RAIN AT TIMES.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 5 INCHES.
* TIMING...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.
* IMPACTS...SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL MAKE ROADS SLICK... REQUIRING LOWER SPEEDS AND GREATER DISTANCES BETWEEN VEHICLES WHILE DRIVING. USE YOUR HEADLIGHTS. ALLOW MORE TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION SAFELY...SO YOU CAN DRIVE SLOWER AND SAFER.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER AND MID 30S.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOw COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
PLEASE REPORT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE...800-401-9535...WHEN YOU CAN DO SO SAFELY. THIS PHONE NUMBER IS TO BE USED FOR REPORTING PURPOSES ONLY.
YOU CAN ALSO REPORT WINTER WEATHER BY POSTING YOUR REPORT TO THE CHARLESTON WEST VIRGINIA NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FACEBOOK PAGE... OR BY USING THE TWITTER HASHTAG...NWSRLX.
STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/RLX.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.