Update: Parkersburg house fire ruled accidental

By  | 

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) Firefighters say the cause of the accidental fire is electrical.

Firefighters were called to the 4100 block of 13th Avenue around 5:30 AM Wednesday for a house fire. Captain Brian Drake of the Parkersburg Fire Department says the flames were contained to the attic and had the fire extinguished in about ten minutes.

Drake also said the only damage to the first floor was water damage. Both occupants safely made it out of the house before firefighters arrived on scene.

There is no word for the cause of the fire, but investigators were en route to the scene.

The Red Cross was called to assist the occupants of the house.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus