UPDATE: Reese sentenced on rape charge

By  | 

MARIETTA, Ohio (WTAP) - Update: 6/10/2018 5:35 P.M.

Christopher Reese Monday pleaded guilty to one count of rape, and was sentenced to 10 years to life in prison.

Should he be released, he is required to register as a tier-3 sex offender, and will be under post-release control for five years.

UPDATE: 12/06/2016 4:15 p.m.

A man who admitted to impregnating a 13-year-old girl has been ruled incompetent to stand trial.

Christopher Dale Reese will remain in custody after appearing in Washington County Common Pleas Court today.

He is to be evaluated in the near future at a behavioral-health unit in Athens.

Reese was arrested after his victim gave birth in July.

In September, Reese changed his plea to not guilty for reason of insanity and suggestion of incompetency.

UPDATE: 12/05/2016 12:35 p.m.

Christopher Dale Reese, who has admitted to impregnating a 13 year old girl, will be back in court Tuesday.

Reese's victim gave birth in July.

In September, Reese changed his plea to not guilty for reason of insanity and suggestion of incompetency.

On Tuesday, the results of the competency hearing will be announced. If he's found competent to stand trial, a new date will be set.

UPDATE: 9/12/2016 6:16 p.m.

Reese admitted to having sex with and impregnating a 13 year old girl who gave birth on July 5th, but now more than two months later he has changed his plea to not guilty.

Reese had his bond set at $100,000 dollars early last month and his jury trial was scheduled for next Monday in Judge Lane's court.

Friday Reese changed his plea to not guilty for reason of insanity and suggestion of incompetency and filed the paper work the same day.

Washington County assistant prosecutor Jeremy Wolfe had this to say about Reese’s change of plea, "When you make the request less than a week before trial, you are also consenting to a continuance of trial so, all his pre-trial rights are going to be pulled, it's not going to count against the state and we're going to wait to get a report, and then you know go from there."

The evaluation of Reese's mental health will occur in roughly 45 days.
If he is found competent a new jury trial date will be set, but if not the prosecution will have to follow a different course of action.

If Reese is found incompetent, but restorable meaning he would no longer be considered a danger to society when properly medicated, he would be treated for up to a year then released.

If he is found incompetent and cannot be cured, he could remain in a facility that would treat him for the remainder of the maximum sentence.

WTAP will keep you updated with the developments in this case.

UPDATE: 8/2/2016 6:30 p.m.

Christopher Dale Reese had his bond hearing Tuesday morning after being indicted last Friday.

His bond was set at 100 thousand dollars and if he pays ten percent he could be released on personal recognizance.

His arraignment hearing is scheduled for the 15th of August.

The investigation on Reese's offenses is ongoing.

UPDATE 7/13/16 5:54 PM

Reese's bond is continued and he waived his right to a preliminary hearing.

UPDATE: 07/11/2016 4:20 p.m.

Christopher Dale Reese confessed to having sex with a thirteen year old girl after that victim gave birth last week.

Initially he was charged with sexual misconduct with a minor, but now Marietta police have upped that charge to rape after discovering the initial incident occurred long before what Reese reported in his confession.

The department is still investigating the case, but Reese has a court appearance Tuesday morning at 8 for his new charges.

A Marietta man is behind bars after confessing to sexually abusing a thirteen year old girl.

Christopher Dale Reese of Marietta showed up to the police department a little after 2 a.m.

An officer was dispatched to speak with Reese, who in the report was described as nervous.
Reese then confessed to engaging in sexual with a thirteen year old girl.

Reese recorded his confession for police, despite being informed he was not under arrest.

Once his statement was taken, Marietta Police placed him under arrest, and he reported to court Tuesday morning at 8 a.m.

He was then charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Bond was set at 15 thousand dollars on personal recognizance bond, which has not been paid as of now.

Reese said he confessed because he believed the victim was pregnant.

Monday night she had been complaining about lower back pain, and a swollen stomach.

This morning the victim gave birth.

Children’s Services Board will be conducting a forensic interview with the victim in the near future.

Reese will have his next hearing July 13th at 3:30 p.m.

This case is still developing, and updates will be given as new information becomes available.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus