UPDATE: Man dies from injuries suffered in Boaz mobile-home fire

By  | 

BOAZ, W.Va. (WTAP) - UPDATE: 02/22/18 11 A.M.

One of two people injured in a fire at a mobile home in Boaz on Monday has died, according to the West Virginia State Fire Marshal's Office.

Fire investigators say the 59-year-old man died overnight at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus.

A woman injured in the fire is currently being treated at OSU Medical Center. Hospital officials said they could not provide an update on her condition.

The fire at the residence on Onward Road in the Shawnee Trailer Park in Boaz has been ruled an accident.

Fire investigators say it was the result of a malfunction in a electrical outlet in the living room of the mobile home.

The victims were taken by ambulance to Marietta Memorial Hospital before being transferred to the OSU Medical Center.

Firefighters from Vienna and Williamstown responded to the scene, and the fire was brought under control in about five minutes.

Update: 2/20/2018 10:30 A.M.

The West Virginia fire marshal's office says a fire that injured two people Monday afternoon in a mobile home in Boaz has been ruled accidental.

Fire investigator Jason Baltic says the fire was a result of a malfunction in a rear electric outlet in the living room of the structure.

Two people inside the home were taken to the hospital.

Their names and injuries have not been released.

The Williamstown Fire Department and Vienna Volunteer Fire Department both responded to the scene and got the fire under control in about 5 minutes.

Vienna Volunteer Fire Chief Steve Scholl said:

"The Williamstown and Vienna Fire Departments got the mutual aid, or the simultaneous mutual aid call, for a fully involved trailer fire. Before we got here we saw the heavy black smoke in the area, so we knew we had something.We got here, they pulled the tack lines off, they hit it with a two in a half pre-connect and did an excellent knock down on it."


The Williamstown and Vienna fire departments are fighting a mobile home fire in Boaz, WV.

According to the Wood County 911 Center, at 4:46 P.M. Monday, a fire was reported at a mobile home at 147 Onward Road, in the Shawnee Trailer Park, in Boaz, WV.

The Williamstown and Vienna fire departments both responded and are fighting the fire.

According to scanner conversations, there may be people injured in the fire, but we're working to confirm that information.

Our reporter Sheena Steffen is headed to the fire scene and will have the latest details LIVE on WTAP News at 6, and we'll keep this story updated at TheNewsCenter.tv.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus